- The following is a column by well-known author Giulio Meotti. He denounces the degrading and violent treatment women suffer at the hands of ISIS and other Islamist groups, while feminists keep silent.
- But why stop with extreme Islamists? Islam itself is an oppressive and misogynist ideology that treats women as chattel. This ideology condones and even encourages abuse and violence against women.
- The abuse against millions of women living under Muslim domination is well documented, and yet western feminists prefer to use their time and energy to denigrate western men, and even to support Muslim causes such as that of the Palestinians, notorious for their domestic violence.
- Also we should keep in mind that the slave trade is an ongoing business in the Muslim world - and not just by jihadists but by well established Muslim countries now considered "moderate".
- Researchers have shown that a million or more European Christians were enslaved by (Barbary Coast) North African Muslim pirates in between 1530 and 1780. (Sources further on this page.)
Women captured by ISIS
Op-Ed: The West's "Ardent" Feminists Abandon Women to the Caliph
By Giulio Meotti
Not a word has been uttered by feminists in the face of the horrible mistreatment of captured women by ISIS and other Islamist groups.
After attacking a village, the Islamic State splits women from men and executes boys and men aged 14 and over. The women and mothers are separated; girls are stripped, tested for virginity and examined for breast size and prettiness.
The youngest, and those considered the prettiest virgins fetch higher prices and are sent to Raqqa, the IS stronghold. There is a hierarchy: sheikhs get first choice, then emirs, then fighters. They often take three or four girls each and keep them for a month or so, until they grow tired of a girl, when she goes back to market.
At slave auctions, buyers haggle fiercely, driving down prices by disparaging girls as flat-chested or unattractive. We heard about one girl who was traded 22 times, and another, who had escaped, told us that the sheikh who had captured her wrote his name on the back of her hand to show that she was his "property.’”
The above is an excerpt from the testimony of Zainab Bangura, the UN representative for sexual crimes in war, who denounced the atrocities of the Islamic state.
In the hands of Islamic State there are now 5,000 women, mostly belonging to the Yazidi syncretistic minority. If you change country and go to Nigeria, the situation is the same. Now it is the turn of “Chibok girls” who unleashed Twitter’s mobilization of the first lady, Michelle Obama. Most of these girls have been raped and are now pregnant.
Even the corrupt United Nations has spoken, while the Western feminists keep silent. This is the revolting double standard of Western feminists, who are always ready to denounce the “homophobic” Christians, sexism on the US campus, or the Israeli Ahava beauty creams.
These feminists have been busy the past few months fighting for the Irish referendum which just approved gay marriage, while treating as heretics, criminals and sexual predators all the opponents of this vote against the natural family. Feminists are also very busy in Israel in demonizing the traditional Orthodox Jewish families.
Read more and see links to articles on women and Islam